Sponsor Talk Presentation Slides
Bridget Bayer’s presentation on April 14, 2016 at Mississippi Pizza Pub focused on recruiting sponsors, securing involvement and on the low cost promotional strategies that maximize their return on investment (ROI).
The presentation materials gave steps to creating a successful sponsorship program for an event.
- List Creation
Key take-aways for finding & keeping sponsors engaged in your events:
- Pay attention to potential sponsors all year long. Note who is expanding or has new products and services.
2. Get to know owners and staff early in the year. Make asks early, and often.
3. Corporate businesses require an online process to seek contributions, annual calendars by Oct., fiscal calendars by April.
4. Finding new sponsors is all about the numbers: 100 emails or calls, gets you 10 follow up visits, gets you 1 sponsor.
5. Make sure benefits promised are delivered.
6. Send a personal invitation with a program, VIP passes or drink tokens so they are enticed to come to your fair.
7. Tailor evaluations specifically to sponsors and ask for their feedback.